Bring down the existing Protocol convertor (BACnet to Modbus) by re-engineering hardware with less BOM cost and using Open source Linux platform. Certify the Protocol converter at BACnet Testing Laboratory.
- Technology: BACnet, Modbus, ARM based Embedded System, Linux, Embedded Web Interface – PHP & HTML, Busybox, Sqlite3 database, Robot testing framework, Sikuli, C/C++ cross development, Scripting
- Designed and Developed full fledged application for Modbus/ BACnet Gateway in Linux/ C++ compatible with BACnet spec ASHRAE-135
- Designed and Developed Web GUI Interface for the Modbus/ BACnet Gateway Configurations in Linux/ PHP
- Tested the Gateway functionality specific to Modbus and BACnet as well as Web GUI interface
- Used Automated Test framework (Robot) for incremental Integration, functional and regression testing
Outcome and Benefits Delivered
- The overall cost of the Protocol Converter has come down by 30% and it helps to capture more market share and better profit.
- With BACnet Testing Laboratory certification, this product’s acceptance will improved in the Industrial Automation equipment market
- 100% development work was executed at offshore, resulting high cost savings
The Solution / System Description
Download this Success Story