IO Module to Monitor and Control Factory Equipments
One of the main challenges in factory digitization is collecting different data types from existing, old and heterogeneous machines on the factory floor. Gadgeon’s flagship product provides a way out of this.
Results / Outcomes
- Reliable, Simple, Industrial standard IO module with rigid casing to operate in rugged environment
- Rich in external interfaces - Analog input, Digital Input & Output, Relay output
- HTTP Web server interface
- Optical isolation for Analog & Digital inputs
Technology used :
PoE,TCP/IP, Web Server, Modbus TCP server, Modbus RTU Serve
802.3af PoE, 10/100 Ethernet, RS-485, 1kV Isolated 8 Ch 24V Digital input, 4 Ch 24V Digital Output, 4 Ch 230V/2A Relay Output, 1kV Isolated 4 Ch 0-10V Analog Input.
Feasibility study and Documentation
- Requirements Gathering & Analysis, competitive product study,
- H/W Architecture development and finalization
- Component selection of all components and BOM management.
- Part selection to minimise noise interferences to inputs and output.
- Isolation of analog, digital input and output sections.
- Design done in view of passing certifications with proper EMC guidelines.
- Protection from ESD
- Tool: Cadence OrCAD Capture CIS
- Complex 4-layer PCB design of form-factor of 146x79mm.
- Intra and Inter Length matching and spacing for all critical interfaces.
- Critical placement & routing analog input and digital output to ensure optimum performance.
- PCB trace width to drive AC voltages and large current.
Fab and Assembly House co-ordination
- DFM and DFA
- Preparing low cost CBOM’s with low cost alternates identified for high cost parts.
- Life time check for components in BOM.
Bring-up and Testing
- Initial bring-up of the board followed by detailed Electrical interface verification and validation(EVT).
- Testing the firmware and web server application.
- Deployed in Delpheon platform
- Thermal testing
- Web server with configuration, IO status and firmware upgrade
- Modbus with multiple connection support.
- Modbus TCP/RTU slave/master support.
System Context Diagram
Mechanical enclosure & 3-D design
- Rigid Plastic enclosure with proper vents
- L*B*W = 170*90*50mm
Download this Success Story